Thursday, March 17, 2016

A few photos - 3/17/16

Roaring Brook - Click image for larger view
Today I was walking a bit without Nana. I try to get out early before work and make images, today I was making them with my camera. I discovered this place yesterday morning when I was sketching and thought I would return with my camera to catch the beauty of the falls and the stream through the woods before the foliage gets too dense.
Toward the bridge - Click image for larger view
I didn't really walk very far, but it was good just to be out in the woods so early in the morning, it was like everything around me was waking up too.  The sound of the water, hushed by the woods and the morning fog, was like a distant song somewhere far away, accented here and there with bird chirps and little noises of the day coming to life.
Under the bridge - Click image for larger view
On the technical side, I was playing around with exposure to get the motion of the water. I had my camera set up on a tripod and stopped way down and I was shooting around 3 second exposures. All of these images were shot with a 50mm f1.4 lens.
Forest floor - Click image for larger view
I wish Nana was with me this morning as I know she would love this place and the quietness of it all. Hopefully we will get in a good hike this coming Sunday and find a place as interesting. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment